Monday, August 12, 2013

Refurbished Uniden Phone - Personal Review - D1785-3T DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Digital Answering System and Base Speakerphone, 3 Handsets (Refurbished) - buyEtail




I have been shopping for new cordless digital phones for our home for at least 6 months. I liked my old Panasonic 6.0 KX-TG 9000 series system for a couple years, had to replace one handset, but lately it's been useless. Transferring to speaker phone or even receiving a ring would make the phone screen blank out, and you'd have to run for another phone. I ordered the newer version of this phone (Panasonic DECT 6.0-Series 3-Handset Cordless Phone System with Answering System KX-TG1033S) back in February, but it lacked a key feature I insist upon, which is the ability to assign personalized rings for incoming calls (the old Panasonic version had this). I even called Panasonic, but they said they none of their current phones offer this feature. I returned that phone system, and kept shopping. Finally, I found this Uniden set that seemed to fit the bill. I looked through the manual online, and could see it allowed personalized rings for incoming calls, but it didn't say how many options there were. I emailed Uniden support, and they responded within a couple days to say the phone has 4 melodies plus 3 ring tones (they were wrong about one of the melodies: my phones came with Beethoven's 9th [Ode to Joy] rather than the Star Spangled Banner, which is fine with me). I decided I could make do with those seven choices, and ordered this phone set. It's simple (I didn't need an answering system, as I prefer the voice mail which comes with my phone service), the programming was not difficult, I like the envelope icon as well as the flashing light for message notification. Plus I can program in my voice mail number and it even adds a pause and my code. I can hit the envelope icon and easily retrieve any messages. Reception, range and voice quality seem excellent, and I am picky about that, having a slight hearing impairment. I like these phones so far. I will be a Uniden customer now, rather than Panasonic. Another plus: the Uniden phones are a little more elegant, and lighter in weight than the old Panasonic. Thanks, Uniden, for answering this customer's pre-purchase questions, and for a nice little cordless phone system.
by mtn girl

http://www.buyetail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment